Chicken Chilli Con Carne
1 bunch fresh coriander (washed)
2 tbspn olive oil
8 chicken thighs (1.5 kg approx) Halved crossways
2 onions thinly sliced
2 clover garlic, crushed
1 tbspn smoked paprika
2 x 410g tins crushed tomatoes
400g kidney beans, rinsed & drained
330g jar roasted peppers, drained & chopped
1/4 bottle Smoked Chipotle BBQ sauce
Sour cream, sliced avocado, XXX hot sauce & steamed rice to serve
1. Finely chop coriander stems. you will need 1/4 cup. Set aside some leaves to garnish.
2. Heat oil in a large casserole dish over medium to high heat. Add chicken in batches cooking until browned. Remove & reduce heat to medium.
3. Add onions, garlic & coriander stems. Cook stirring occasionally until soft. Add paprika stirring for 1 minute. Add tomatoes, beans, peppers & chipotle bbq sauce. Return chicken, season with salt & pepper. Bring to boil & cover with lid.
4. Cook in a moderately slow oven (160 C) for about an hour or until chicken is cooked.
5. Serve with sour cream, avocado & steamed rice. Garnish with coriander leaves
6. Add XXX hot sauce for your level of heat or if everyone's happy add it at the step when you add the bbq sauce.
1kg sausage mince
2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
1/3 cup Grunds Gourmet worcestershire sauce
2 tbspn tomato paste
sea salt & cracked black pepper
500g or 3 ready rolled sheets puff pastry
2 egg yolks lightly beaten
Preheat the oven to 200C. Combine the mince, eggs, breadcrumbs, worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, salt & pepper.
Take ready rolled pastry & divide sausage mince & place down the centre of the pastry. Roll to enclose , placing the pastry seam underneath. Cut the sausage rolls into required size (approx 5-6 cm). Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Brush with egg yolk. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden & cooked through.
Serve with our Tomato sauce or Blue Gum Honey BBQ sauce. Yum.
Twice Fried Chicken Wings
1kg chicken drumettes
Potato or Corn Flour
Pig 'n' Chook spice rub
Chives or sesame seeds (for serving)
To start with dry out chicken. Pad dry with paper towel or take them out of the bag & put in a single layer in the fridge for an hour or two.
Add 2-3 tbspn Pig 'n' Chook rub to flour in a bowl.
Mix together then press the flour into the chicken.
Fry first at 180 C.
Second fry at 200 C.
Place in bowl & drizzle a good amount of Hot Wing sauce or on of the BBQ sauces. Toss to coat liberally. Finish with chopped chives or sesame seeds.